Uplift your heart and explore the stunning environment of the French Alps. Reconnect your mind and body and feel inspired through this wonderful mix of nature, yoga, hiking and life coaching. Our program offers you daily yoga and meditation sessions along with guided hikes in which a fully qualified mountain guide will lead you along the best routes, showing you amazing viewpoints out the unique alpine wildlife. We also include a visit to the beautiful “Cascade Du Rouget” waterfall.
We will be staying in a beautiful old farmhouse located within walking distance of the historically listed village of Samoens with a brand new swimming pool, hot tub and sauna. Our program is completely free and “go with the flow”. There is plenty of time to relax by the pool, read a book, pamper yourself with massage, explore the village of Samoëns or go and discover some of the more adventurous activities like parapenting, rafting,…
Whether you are a beginner or advanced yogi, a seasoned adventurer, a hiker or just a nature lover, this is the holiday for you.
About our yoga
We design our yoga sessions specifically to help you connect with your body so that you can become more conscious, more aware and feel more alive! Our lessons will help you rediscover this connection so that you can increase the strength of your immune system and feel more peaceful and balanced.
Our morning sessions are more dynamic and consist of flowing Vinyasa style sequences combined with Ashtanga yoga. Annick from Yoganic Moves will lead these morning sessions.
Michele will be teaching the Restorative Yin Yoga in our evening sessions. Here you can take things a little slower but at the same time strengthen and lengthen your joints and the deeper connective tissues of the body.
Mindfulness is a core focus throughout the week and our aim is to help you really enhance your self awareness so that you can not only feel empowered but enjoy a greater level of self acceptance and compassion towards yourself and others.
The Yin Yoga is particularly recommended for stretching out the muscles and joints after the hiking. We would like to stress that you don’t need to be really bendy in order to take part in our yoga!
1150 euros single occupancy with ensuite bathroom.
15 spots available
- 5 Morning and 5 Evening Yoga & Meditation Classes (suitable for all levels)
- 2 part day hikes and 1 full day hike (guided)
- 2 x fun group Life Coaching sessions (Optional)
- 7 nights in a single or double room with ensuite bathroom
- Breakfast each day made from healthy, fresh ingredients - fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, nuts and seeds, a cooked option, homemade or local bread, tea, coffee & juice.
- 4 Lunches (packed lunch on the 3 hiking days) plus 1 lunch at the chalet
- 6 delicious evening meals (2 courses with drinks included)
- Transport to the starting points of each hike (see below for details about our airport transfers)
- Transfers: We offer a transfer to and from Geneva Airport at the cost of 40 euros per trip per person(80 euros total), this can be paid at the time of booking. Our pick up time is between 2 and 4 pm on the day of arrival. The departure time will be in the morning of the last day in accordance with the earliest departing flight time.
- Our Yoga holiday does not include flights or holiday insurance so we recommend that you take out your own personal cover.
We will be staying in a beautiful old farmhouse located within walking distance of the historically listed village of Samoens. On site is a brand new swimming pool and decked area, a sauna and hot tub and numerous spaces for you to just chill and relax. There is also a beauty and massage room where Debbie, our beauty therapist is on hand to offer a range of treatments from lymphatic drainage massages to pedicures and facials.
The farmhouse is made up of 3 appartments each with beautiful bedrooms which have either twin or superking beds and ensuite bathrooms. Each appartment also has it’s own living room area and kitchen facilities where you can store any snacks and make a cup of tea or coffee. Breakfasts and dinners will all be served in a common area.
Our meditation takes place towards the end of each yoga session. We include healing and transformative guided meditations as well as different styles of meditation, such as tratak, a candle meditation, that you can take away with you for your own self practise. Towards the end of the week we include a wonderfully restoring and deeply relaxing Yoga Nidra practice.
Sessions take place under a covered yoga area by the pool. Some of our morning sessions also take place down by the lake in Morillon (weather depending).
We offer two, one hour group sessions which are fun and inspiring and really help everyone get to know each other better.
Whilst these sessions are optional we really recommend them especially as you will get the chance to take stock of your life and where you are right now as well as connecting with the part of you which is naturally alive, balanced and joyful (which as we all know can often get buried with busy work schedules).
- A trip to the stunning waterfall Cascade Du Rouget, just a 15 minute drive from the village. Here you can enjoy the amazing health benefits of the negative ions which spray from the waterfall and if you dare, you can take your socks off and feel the exhilaration of standing in the ice cold pools at the base of the waterfall. Here we will also do a healing meditation, breathing in the positive energy of this wonderful environment. A short walk up and you will be able to see stunning views of the surrounding valley. We finish by having lunch at the restaurant facing the waterfall (lunch not included) or at a local restaurant in Samoens.
- 2 Part Day Hikes with a qualified mountain guide (including packed lunch). These hikes take place after the morning yoga sessions and breakfast and include a packed lunch.
- A full day hike with a qualified mountain guide (including packed lunch). This hike will take place on a morning when there is no yoga session. On these hikes the pace is fairly leisurely. We allow time to rest and enjoy the stunning scenery. The focus will be more on appreciating the unique alpine wildlife along with the help of our fully qualified guides, who live in the area, rather than the challenge of reaching the top of the mountain!
Annick (Yoganic Moves)
Annick is a fully qualified Ashtanga and vinyasa teacher and inspirator of Yoganic Moves. She loves to encourage her yogis to just take one step towards doing a pose that they may feel is impossible or too difficult. She believes that by doing this, you can open up a world of possibilities, and also you get to realise that you are stronger and more courageous than you think you are.
In doing this, Annick helps you make your yoga practice become a metaphor for your life. Finding the balance in your yoga practice, acceptance of where you are at each moment and having enough perserverance to continue when things are more difficult. Annick invites you to take your practice off the mat in real life.
Michele, founder of Inspired For Life
Michele is a fully qualified Yoga & Meditation teacher and a fully certified Professional Co-Active Life Coach (ACC, CPCC), with an Honours Degree in Physical Education. Michele has been practicing yoga for over 10 years and teaching for 6 years. She feels that Yoga has enabled her to reconnect with her body and recognise its amazing potential for stepping out of the often chaotic world of our mind and helping us to connect with something deeper and more powerful.